Positioning and Media Counselling
- Developed and assisted in the implementation of a communication strategy for a Nordic growth company within the construction sector.
- Positioned top management of a financial institution as the preferred expert media commentators within their business areas.
- Positioned a Norwegian hairdressing chain as a major disrupter within Nordic retail.
- Facilitated dialogue with political leadership and civil servants at the Ministry of Health and Care Services, as well as members of the Norwegian parliament, on behalf of Norwegian company which wanted to change policies and framework affecting their business.
- Engaged with local politicians, local media, and the local community on behalf of a private industrial company which wanted to establish a business in a rural municipality in Norway.
- Facilitated dialogue with business organisations, labour unions, media and politicians on behalf of a company that wanted to introduce a tax-deduction policy for their services.
- Positioned the CEO of a Nordic IT-company, among other things through participation in the public debate.
Crisis Communication and Emergency Planning
- Crisis management assistance involving both media and authorities for a privately owned company hit by a massive cyber attack.
- Developed an emergency response plan for a Nordic industrial group.
- Planned and executed emergency training for the management of an international oil service company.
- Organised and held an introductory course on crisis- and media management for leaders in the private sector for a business organisation.
IR and Financial Communication
- Assisted a listed company in consistent and compliant reporting to the capital markets.
- Negotiation support during a conflict between shareholders, regarding the sale of a Nordic retail company.
- Negotiation support, collection and analysis of information and media management for one of the parties in a conflict between shareholders in a publicly listed company.
- Prepared and executed the communication strategy, both external and internal, before, during and after a major reorganisation of a financial institution.
- Identified stakeholders, collected and analysed information and handled media management for a creditor during a substantial bankruptcy.
Analysis and Insight
- Collected and analysed information related to a significant procurement process for technological services within the defence industry.
- Analysed the risk of a potential change in the political landscape for an international company considering entering the Norwegian market.
- Performed budget analysis which led to an official report which again described necessary changes to the current tax legislation.
Jan Lilleby | Partner
Jan Lilleby is Managing Director of Lilleby Frisch, and has more than ten years of experience within strategic counselling in the realm of politics, business and media. Prior to establishing his own consulting firm at the age of 27, he worked as a financial journalist at E24 and as advisor at Geelmuyden Kiese. Lilleby has extensive experience advising start up companies, and has been associated with the start up factory Askeladden & Co as their advisor since their establishment in 2017. He holds a Master of Science (Economics and Business Administration) from the Norwegian School of Economics, and has been a non-commissioned officer in the Norwegian Armed Forces.
Telephone: +47 90 55 16 98
Stein Jacob Frisch | Partner
Stein Jacob Frisch is Chairman of the Board of Lilleby Frisch and has more than 25 years of experience as leader in professional service firms and as an advisor in communication, crisis management and government relations. He was CEO of Geelmuyden Kiese´s Nordic operations for almost ten years. Frisch has a background from the Norwegian Armed Forces and still functions as an instructor. He holds a Master of Science in Shipping, Trade & Finance from Cass Business School, a B. Sc. from Warwick Business School and is a Certified European Financial Analyst (CEFA/AFA).
Telephone: +47 91 61 09 11
Øystein Schmidt | Senior Advisor
Øystein Schmidt has more than two decades of experience in the field of communications. His professional career includes 12 years as a journalist for the consumer rights TV-series TV2 Hjelper Deg and The Norwegian Financial Daily (Finansavisen). Furthermore he was Nordic Head of Communications at the leading chain for consumer electronics in the Nordics Elkjøp, and responsible for communications for Danske Bank, one of Norway's leading banks, in the Norwegian market. Schmidt holds a Bachelor's degree in journalism from Volda University College, as well as a Bachelor's degree in sociology and psychology from the University of Bergen.
Telephone: +47 95 14 76 45
Jonas P. Ludvigsen | Senior Advisor
Jonas P. Ludvigsen has extensive experience from local and regional political organizations in Norway. He holds a Master of Science in Business Administration from the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH), with specialization in Energy, Natural Resources and the Environment. Ludvigsen was Vice President of the Student Union at NHH, journalist in the school's newspaper, and produced his own podcast. He has also served two years in the Norwegian Army, first as a soldier representative in His Majesty the Kings Guard, and then as a representative of all conscripts in the Norwegian Army.
Telephone: +47 97 13 23 63
Erlend Owesen | Advisor
Erlend Owesen has a background from research, with a PhD in philosophy from the University of Cambridge, funded by Aker Scholarship. Owesen's research is published in international peer-reviewed journals, and is centered around the topics of physical pain, consciousness, and cognitive science. After his PhD, Owesen started as an adviser at First House, where he assisted Norwegian and international companies in a number of industries with strategic communication aimed at the capital market, media and authorities.
Telephone: +47 91 71 44 90
Our value base
On the offensive
Our working methodology and our requirements for results require an sharp attitude towards the challenges and opportunities the client faces. We like to be one step ahead, enjoy hard work and are constantly looking for improvements that can serve our client's interests..
We measure our success based on our clients' success. It's all about competence and obliges us to understand what the clients' needs are. If the prerequisites for creating results are not present, the assignment will not be carried out either.
The company does not accept assignments that challenge the interests of existing clients. All work is based on our independent and professional perception of reality. The company's advisers have the opportunity to be exempted from assignments that defy the adviser's personal convictions.